At Four Seasons Contracting, Inc., we want to be your home remodeling contractor in Chicago Suburbs; serving Batavia, Dekalb, Elburn, Geneva, Naperville, Oswego, Plainfield, St. Charles, Sugar Grove, Sycamore, Yorkville, and beyond. But further to that, we also want to provide you with news and articles of interest that may help in your home ownership. Some of our articles will be about remodeling, about decorating, about energy efficiency, and much more. We hope these articles will be of use to you and while we know not every tip or hint will apply to every visitor, you can certainly get a lot of great ideas.
Wintertime Home Remodeling home remodeling contractor in Chicago Suburbs
There are many home remodeling projects that can be completed over the wintertime to freshen your home and prepare for spring and summer. Start by focusing on projects that will increase your property value, save money on your utility bills, and make your proud to call it “home”.
- Unfinished basements are an excellent wintertime project that will up the resell on your property and give you much more usable space.
- Consider adding modern trim work, crown molding, and a bold coat of paint to completely change the look of a room.
- Replacing interior doors is a great way to give your home an updated look. Double doors are a much more functional and attractive alternative to sliding doors and bi-fold doors, while French-style doors can add natural light and architectural detail to a space.
- Spice up your kitchen by adding a backsplash. While adding more functionality to a kitchen, a backsplash can also help accessorize and emphasize countertops, cabinets and appliances.
- Brighten your home and your spirit by changing out old lighting. Consider newer LED lighting, particularly in bathrooms; perhaps soft lighting in a living room or study. Not only will you freshen the look of the room but you can save on electricity by eliminating old lighting sources.
- Updating old flooring can brighten any room. Today there are hundreds of options for easy maintenance floors that add style and pizazz to your space. Not to mention, old carpeting and padding can harbor pet odors, allergens, and mold.
- Changing out cabinetry in bathrooms and kitchens is a perfect way to reorganize, maximize space, and create an updated look and feel in your most used areas.
Make this winter productive by investing in your home and your future in it.